If you still think that you need macintosh computer to try MacOS, that’s already in the past. Now you can try MacOS on Windows Vista. How to do it ? Check this out !
First thing that you need to do is you need to have VM Player that can be download from VM Player Free and of course DVD installer MacOS X version 10.4.5 or 10.4.6 or 10.4.7 or 10.4.8.
1. Run VM Player, Start -> All Programs -> VM Ware -> VM Player.
2. Create new virtual machine, by click New Virtual Machine.
3. Then click next
4. Then choose Custom, and click next then next again.
5. Then choose Other and FreeBSD for the version. For Core 2 Duo and Core Duo user
with 945 pm (Calistoga) you need to choose Windows NT. This step is needed to
prevent the processor to failed in boot DVD MacOS. Then click next.
6. Give your new virtual machine with MacOS for easier identification.
7. Then answer one, if there is a question that asked you about how many virtual
processor that will be created. (Still answer one although there are 2 processor
on your computer)
8. Then you need to set how many memory that you will allocated for MacOs, you suggest
to set it to 256 mb ( 512 mb from 1.5 gb is very recommended). Then next.
9. Then choose [Use bridged networking] and next then next again.
10. Then choose create new virtual disk and next.
11. Then you need to set what kind of your virtual disk, IDe or SCSI. Then next.
12. After that you need to set the capacity of your new virtual disk.
13. After you click next, you need to decide where your virtual disk will placed.
Choose place that different with place where your main operation system place,
14. Then click finish, and close VM window.
15. Now you need to open windows explorer, and find VM ware setting. The default
location is on Documents\Virtual Machines\MacOS X. Then open configuration file
( with .vmx) using notepad.
16. Add paevm=”true” on the last row. If with this configuration failde to boot
virtual machine, you can change scsi0.present = “TRUE” with scsi0.present =
17. Save the configuration .vmx file.
18. Now insert DVD MaacOS and Power On This Virtual Machine.
19. When booting MacOS take process, press F8 and type -v. This will bring you to
verbose mode, that will make easier to detect if there is something wrong with
20. After GUI (graphical user interface) screen appear, follow step by step until you
need to choose hard disk. Click Utilities, then Disk Utility.
21. Choose VM drive on the left panel, and partition on the right panel.
22. Change partition volume to 1 and give it a name. Make sure that format will be
created is Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and make sure that the space is sufficient.
23. Click partition and click partition ones again. After your disk formating is
finish, you can close Disk Utility window and your partition will show up on
set up page. Continue to next instalation step.
24. If you use Intel processor with SS2, make sure you choose customize and put a
check mark on patch.
25. After you only need to click continue and wait until instalation process finish.
And you can enjoy Apple operation system on Vista.
Happy trying !!